Healthy Eating Made Easy
Welcome to the easiest and most delicious part of Dr. Becky’s Health Done Right program – food glorious food! It’s officially time to chow down!
Food is definitely one of life’s greatest pleasures, and Dr. Becky believes that living a healthy lifestyle should be a delectable, satisfying, and joyful experience.
From convenient Lickity Split menus to Gourmet meals, this healthy eating plan is mapped out and calculated to deliver tasty epicurean delights that meet your long-term health and weight loss goals.
The simplified healthy eating plan is also completely balanced and perfectly portioned, and incorporates foods that will improve your overall health.
Every Health Done Right meal has the perfect ratio of satiating proteins, smart carbs, and heart healthy fats, to stabilize blood glucose levels, aid in weight loss, and treat some medical conditions. Menus include whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, foods low in sugar and high in fiber, and unprocessed and fermented foods. Dangerous trans fats and high-fructose corn syrup are eliminated.
You’ll follow expert dietary guidelines
The Health Done Right plan utilizes the National Academy of Medicine’s and the Center for Disease Control’s guidelines for the percentage of carbs, fats, and proteins to be eaten at every meal. Our plan is also based on scientific data from our obesity and weight maintenance research.
Plan participants say Health Done Right is simple to start and easy to continue. It’s uncomplicated, and they don’t feel overwhelmed with information.
Ready to get started?
Make just TWO choices at each meal!
Every meal has been calculated and presented so you don’t have to think about or analyze anything. Basically, you only have two questions to answer at each meal. Do I want a 400 or 500-calorie meal? And, from where? Choose a Healthy Dining Out, Grocery to Go combo, Lickity Split, or a Gourmet meal to prepare at home; all offer luscious eats!
In general, the more you eat at home, the healthier your food choices will be and the more control you’ll have over the ingredients and overall nutritional quality. With that said, many meals created at your favorite restaurant or take-out spot can be just as healthy and tasty as what you make at home.
Choice #1 – Where will my delicious meal come from?
Healthy Dining Out
With this option, you choose from custom-designed menus at more than 50 popular national restaurants.
If you chose fast food, just click on the restaurant of your choosing (say McDonald’s), and drive right up to the order window, bypassing the billboard of unwholesome traps. Then, shout out your well-balanced meal with confidence. With hundreds of meals to choose from, you’ll never run out of choices or get bored.
Heading to Panera Bread for an impress-your-boss lunch? Order a ‘You-Pick-2’ meal with half a strawberry, poppy seed and chicken salad and half of a turkey breast sandwich with onions and tomato on whole grain bread. (Ask for this bread, because usually the sandwich is served on country bread.) You can add mustard on the sandwich, and eat it along with an apple, for only 400 calories.
Grocery to Go
Grocery to Go combos offer already prepared complete healthy meals from your local grocery store.
Just open them and eat, or nuke and eat. Convenient options typically include a frozen entrée accompanied by two sides, such as Greek yogurt and almonds or a piece of fruit.
Grocery to Go combos make it easy to stay on track at home or at the office.
Here’s an example of a 400-calorie Grocery to Go combo meal:
- One Healthy Choice Honey Balsamic Chicken frozen entrée
- ½ cup fat-free cottage cheese,
- One orange (or any fruit from the 50-calorie list),
- 11 almonds, and
- a bottle of Red Raspberry ICE
Lickity Split Prepare at home
This is your go-to option for mouthwatering meals that you prepare at home.
The recipes are super simple:
- Open a few packages
- Bake a piece of fish
- Add a few ingredients, with a shake of spices
- Voila, in less than 30 minutes you or the whole family are ready to sit down, chow down and reminisce about the day’s activities over a scrumptiously prepared wholesome meal.
Check out this 400-calorie breakfast: Mixed Berry Yogurt.
- 1 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of fresh (or previously frozen) mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.),
- 4 tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed, and
- 1 teaspoon of pure honey.
The plan also includes a section on smoothie and protein shakes for delicious and speedy meal replacement options.
Gourmet Prepare at home
If you who have the time and energy, and enjoy lingering over delectable taste combinations, ‘Gourmet’ offers robust recipes to create at home.
- Fresh, flavorful herbs, like mint, oregano, basil, and tarragon
- Lemon juice and balsamic vinegar for acidity
- Honey and maple syrup for sweetness
This variety gives your meals more complexity, so they’re more satisfying. Many of these recipes are from top chefs; they’re modified for the plan, but retain the same incredible taste.
Here’s an example of a Gourmet 500-calorie lunch or dinner:
- Roasted chicken
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Squash gratin
- Fresh fruit.
For your 500-calorie Gourmet meal, enjoy 3 ounces chicken, 1 cup of roasted Brussels sprouts, ½ cup squash gratin, 1 cup of fresh pineapple (or any fruit from the plan’s 100-calorie list) and a tall glass of diet green tea!
Choice #2 – Am I going to pick the 400 or 500-calorie option?
The only other decision to make is how many calories you’ll have at each meal.
At breakfast, lunch, and dinner, choose a 400 or 500-calorie healthy eating meal, depending on your personal weight loss or maintenance goals. That’s it, you’re ready to roll.
Every Health Done Right meal has the perfect ratio of satiating proteins, smart carbs, and heart healthy fats, to stabilize blood glucose levels, aid in weight loss, and treat some medical conditions. There are super healthy choices designated with the symbol, which can be used by those seeking doctor-recommended diets. These may include diets that are anti-inflammatory, low sodium (consistent with DASH’s 2300 mg sodium level diet), or low in saturated fats (consistent with the Mediterranean diet).
All ingredients are nutrient-dense, with super smart carbs, natural prebiotics and probiotics, resistant starches, whole grains, antioxidants, and an omega 6/3 fatty acids ratio, which helps prevent heart disease. They are also low in added sugars with no high fructose corn syrup.
Dr. Becky’s Health Done Right Tips for Success
- Red meat, which includes beef, pork, veal, lamb, goat, and non-bird game, should be limited to one meal per week. Grass-fed is healthier than grain-fed. Remove any visible fat.
- Fatty fish, such as, salmon, herring, anchovies, Pacific oysters, Albacore tuna, trout, sardines, shad, Atlantic and Pacific mackerel (not King), or halibut, are recommended at least three times per week.
- Most of your animal protein should come from poultry (chicken, turkey, duck and game birds), fish, and shrimp.
- Avoid all meat products that are smoked or have nitrates in them.
- Don’t have more than one serving of fish that is high in mercury per week.
- Try to get six servings, or a total of 45 grams, of whole grains every day.
- Aim for 30 -35 grams of fiber per day.
- Each day try to get at least two and a half cups of fresh fruits.
- Consume two and a half cups of dark green, red, and orange vegetables; and legumes (beans and peas) daily.
- Eat 2-3 servings of dairy (either low-fat or fat-free) per day.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommend eating one and a half ounces of nuts per day.
- Try to mix it up: choose a variety of foods from all the food groups. Vary your protein choices with more fish, beans, and peas.
- Artificial sweeteners are safe to use in your drinks or to sweeten yogurt etc.
- Enjoying the taste of your food is extremely important, so have a stash of spices or hot sauces that send you to the ‘tasty moon and back!’ There’s a handy list included with the program. If you have a special favorite, make sure the calories are zero or very low.
- If you are pregnant, please follow the guidelines under the pregnancy section.
- The quick-start plan saves time because Dr. Becky has done all the research for you. No need to spend endless hours counting calories, carbs, proteins, fats, or points. Click here to get started today. Your life of healthy eating, enjoyment and vitality await!
Yes, I’m tired of my unhealthy eating habits! I want to get started today!